Sunday, February 14, 2010




INDEX and NAVIGATION INSTRUCTIONS...

Welcome to my blog. Stay as long as you like. And please leave a comment or two before you leave. Hint: I could use a few more followers. I only have two, official ones (kind of embarrassing)!

FORWARD (only read if you're bored, but read the site instructions in red ink below--that part's helpful): I started this blog as a place to store my digital art creations, or as I usually refer to them, my "mousterpieces" since my paintbrush is a computer mouse. Some of my mousterpieces start out as freehand drawings. Most, however, begin as photos, which are then transformed into images that little resemble the photos from which they originated. I use techniques ranging from freehand drawing; to cutting, pasting, tracing, morphing, cropping, filtering, layering, cross filtering, coloring, fading, more cross filtering, erasing, copying, cloning, transparencing, and dozens of other mouse-controlled techniques, many of which I created from misapplication and just plain ignorance of the manner in which Photoshop tools are intended to be used, which may explain why, on more than one occasion, Photoshop gurus have been unable to figure out how I created my images, especially when they attempt to replicate them through the conventional use of Photoshop tools, most of which I remain ignorant of to this day.

But that's what makes my mousterpieces fun to create and interesting to study. And the Photoshop gurus shouldn't feel bad, because I've attempted, unsuccessfully, to replicate my own drawings. Oh well. In addition to placing a heavy emphasis on color (I love playing with color), I also enjoy lacing my mousterpieces with symbols, semi-transparent (hidden) images, and other forms of subtlety, which makes for interesting (imaginative) interpretation of many of my creations. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them. Some were created in a just a few hours of "mouse work." A few involve more than 50 hours of mouse-inspired experimentation.

Interestingly, since the time that I began using this blog site to save my images, the site has evolved into a vehicle for personal commentary, in most cases, the mouseterpieces serving as spring boards for whatever thoughts pop into my mind as I reflect on the finished images, usually, more as an observer of the drawings than their creator.
Note: Be sure to "click" on the images to enlarge them into an exploded view, especially the montages. And if you would like a copy of any of my mousterpieces (printed on canvas no less), just let me know; otherwise, simply right-mouse-click on an image and do a "save as" somewhere on your hard drive . Highly recommended for downloading or a canvas copy: "Genesis" --traditionally, I customize this painting for those who receive a copy of it (embed their picture at various places in the painting). The version of "Genesis" in the blog was customized for Michael Stone, brother to actress Sharon Stone.

Note: To see the individual (microscopic) images from which the "montages" were made or to see more detail in any of my digital mousterpieces, especially those with subtle images in the background, click on the images to enlarge them.

No comments: